Junos Pulse is an Android app developed by Juniper Networks to help secure Android-based mobile life. Junos Pulse secures connectivity to your corporate web-based applications via Juniper Networks SSL VPN gateways. Junos Pulse also helps in mobile security like protecting your android devices from mobile malware, viruses and spyware. It is also used to protect device from loss or theft preventing damage to the device. So there would be no loss and exploitation of data either of sensitive user or corporate user. Junos pulse app secures mobility by combining secure enterprise connectivity with comprehensive mobile security and device management.
- Junos Pulse can provide VPN capavbilities only when the android device is equipped with Android 4.0 ICS.
- Junos Pulse can work over Ethernet 3G or WiFi.
- Junos Pulse app was updated on May 1st 2013 since then users are facing trouble with the battery consumption. It is said it is draining 60-80% of battery within 3 to 4 hours.
1. Juniper Networks SA Series SSL VPN Appliances or MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways running Junos Pulse Secure Access Service. For more information about supported gateways and Android versions, please read the Supported Platforms guide at: http://www.juniper.net/support/products/pulse/mobile/
2. Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite, which is required to activate and enforce comprehensive mobile security and device management.
3. Junos Pulse on Google Android requires OS version 2.0 or later and a network connection. It also requires your SSL VPN gateway to be ready for Junos Pulse on Google Android.
About Junos Pulse App:
Developed by Juniper Networks
Updated: May 1st 2013-06-23
Current Version: 22.214.171.124483
Requires: Android 2.0 and Up
Size: 3.5 MB
• Safe, secure access to web-based applications, enterprise networks, and bookmarks via an encrypted SSL tunnel between the app and the SSL VPN gateway. Users can access bookmarks enabled on the SSL VPN gateway.
• Secure access to corporate email through Outlook Web Access.
• Real-time antivirus protection using heuristic on-device scanning of all stored, incoming or outgoing files via any input/output means, and Secure Digital (SD) card content.
• Background scanning of all network traffic and interfaces for malware, viruses and spyware.
• Anti-theft/Anti-loss protection, including support to remotely locate, track (via GPS), lock, wipe, or sound alert on a lost or stolen device.
• Remote commands to alert and take action (remote device lock and/or wipe), or to track a device on detecting a change in or removal of SIM card.
• Backup and restore of contacts and calendar events stored on your device.
• Granular, centralized security policy administration and configuration for IT administrators.
• Purpose-built for mobile devices, with minimal CPU, battery and memory usage.
Leave a Reply